One of the beautiful things about summer is the delicious summer fruits that taste amazing. My Summer Fruit Plate with Lemon Yogurt Dip recipe is all about the juicy sweet fruits and lovely tangy lemon yogurt dip.
We all love to eat Fresh fruit on its own, but from time to time we can jazz it up with a delicious dip. My summer fruit plate is simple enough to make, it is visually very impressive, most importantly it is healthy and did I say it tastes divine?
Make this fruit plate for your next birthday party, pool party or beach picnic and it is guaranteed that your guests will be wowed!
How to make this Summer Fruit Plate with Lemon Yogurt Dip?
First off, I start with making the lemon-yogurt dip. When it comes to making a gorgeous fruit plate, I love a nice variety. I like to use mixed berries, melons, stone fruits, tropical fruits and of course dried fruits and dried nuts.
You don’t have to follow any rules when it comes to making a fruit plate, just use your very favorite fruits and have fun with it.
For my summer fruit plate, I went with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, nectarines, sweet melons, passion fruits, kiwis, grapes, Rambutans, dried apricots and lots of walnuts and cashew nuts and for the purpose of decorating my fruit plat, I used edible flowers which of course it can be eaten as well. Seriously — how easy is that?
For the Fruit Plate
- Good variety of fresh fruits of your choice
- Handful of dried apricots or figs
- Handful of walnuts and cashew nuts
- Edible flowers to decorate (optional)
- Fresh Mint leaves to decorate (optional)
For the Lemon-Yogurt Dip
- 200g low-fat greek or vegan plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon limoncello liqueur (optional)
- For the lemon yogurt dip, whisk together the yogurt, lemon curd, Agave Syrup, vanilla and limoncello liqueur. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside at room temperature.
- When ready to assemble, Place lemon yogurt dip in the middle of a large round serving plate and carefully arrange the fruits you are using around the dip. Finally top it with dried fruits and nuts and decorate with edible flowers and fresh mint leaves.