This Roasted Eggplant & Bell Pepper Dip is a bright, flavorful spread that is full of fabulous roasted veggies and has a perfectly creamy texture. It’s a perfect healthy snack and ideal recipe for cocktail parties, brunch or for a picnic at the park.
For making this recipe, Fresh roasted veggies are processed into a spreadable irresistible dip. You can serve the dip with toasted baguette slices, pita breads or crackers. It also makes a wonderful sandwich spread or a lovely sauce for pastas. it also goes perfectly as a sauce on top of falafels, burgers and veggie patties… just about anything, really!
This dip tastes best when made ahead and kept in an airtight container in the fridge. You really can’t go wrong with such a light and healthy dip!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ + ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 240˚C/ 475˚F
- Place garlic cloves (with skin) red peppers and eggplant (Do NOT cut the vegetables) on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until peppers are well roasted and large parts of the skins are blackened.
- Remove from oven and add the veggies to a big bowl. Cover the bowl with cling foil/plastic wrap and let the veggies steam for 15 minutes.
- When the veggies are cool enough to handle, peel, seed and core red peppers, discard eggplant skin and squeeze the garlic out of the skin.
- Place the veggies, olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar and nutritional yeast if using in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and simmer over a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to thicken the sauce. taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
You can skip the last part which is the thickening part if you are going to use the recipe as a pasta sauce. Only thing you should do is to gently heat up the sauce mixture and stir in your favorite pasta.