Mayonnaise is a pantry staple in every household and in this post I am going to show you How to Make Vegan Mayonnaise that is easy to make, healthy, tastes great, and most importantly, it has no hidden ingredients.
We all like to buy our mayo from the grocery stores, it’s easy and cost so little. but take a close look at the ingredient label of any egg-free mayonnaise (including oraginc) sold at the stores and you will be shocked to know the type and quality of ingredients used to make them. Most mayos sold in the stores contain soya beans which most probably are genetically modified, also they contain sugar, lots of oil, thickeners and stabilizers! Not so healthy after all, right?
It is quick and easy, to make homemade mayo. A cup of cashew nuts soaked in water overnight, a little bit of lemon juice and vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and couple of spoons of Dijon mustard make this tasty homemade vegan mayo that is healthy and guilt free.
Give your sandwich some extra love with a spread of this mayo, make a salad dressing or make a mix of mayo, mustard and ketchup to jazz up your veggie burgers. Yum!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice for soaking
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons room temperature water
- Sea salt to taste
- Soak the cashews overnight with a table spoon lemon juice in a bowl of room temperature water.
- Drain the cashew nuts and blend all the ingredients in a high-speed food processor until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before using.