When mangoes are in season, it’s hard to resist making this gorgous “Mango Salsa”. I like how easy and fast it is to put together this wonderfully simple and tasty recipe! It’s sweet, sour, spicy and truly delightful. Its great on tacos or as a side. Also goes well with spicy stews and rice dishes.
More about the recipe
In addition to their scrumptious tropical flavor, Mangos are rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins (Vitamin-A, E, B-6, K and C) and minerals (Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium & Zinc).
It is believed that Mango helps to prevent cancer, lowers cholesterol, improve eye health, clear the skin, alkalizes the whole body and boosts the immune system.
I hope, I gave you enough reasons to try this recipe soon.
- 1 big mango, diced in small cubes
- ¼ cup spring onions, chopped in small pieces
- Juice of half lime
- ¼ teaspoon caster sugar
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- small pinch of red chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- Mix the chopped mangos and spring onions in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the lime, olive oil, sugar, cumin, red chili powder and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour over the mangos and add in the chopped coriander.
- Let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes so the mangos can absorb the flavors.