Do you like cranberry sauce? I can’t get enough of it during the holiday season and there’s nothing better than homemade!This “Festive Cranberry Sauce” is easy to make and you can do it a few days ahead.
Cranberries are perfect with any vegetarian roast or pies. As you know, cranberries are tart, and need sugar to balance their tartness, I prefer using agave to sweeten the cranberries but of course you can use normal white sugar If you prefer.
Remember before you start cooking, you discard any mushy, shriveled cranberries. Also, if you come across any cranberries with a stem, pick them off and discard. Then rinse the cranberries with cold tap water to remove any dust or dirt.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 680g fresh cranberries
- One French yellow apple, chopped
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup water
- juice and zest of an orange
- zest of a lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 12 tablespoons agave
- In a sauce pan, bring to boil, cranberries, apple, applesauce, pineapple juice and water. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- reduce the heat and add orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest, salt and agave. Continue to cook over low heat for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crush the cranberries to make a smoother sauce.
- Cool at room temperature and refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.