This cauliflower hummus is my take on the classic hummus. Cauliflower is blended with chickpeas to give a veggie twist to the old fashion version.
It is very easy to make this recipe, basically you just measure the ingredients and throw everything in a food processor and wait for few minutes for the miracle to happen. Oh wait! No that’s not entirely true… you first need to steam the cauliflower!!! but hey let’s be fair! it only takes 5 minutes to steam and then you throw everything in your food processor and wait for few minutes or so and Voila! You just make yourself a delicious hummus that you would want to literally dive into it.
I am very happy with the overall taste of my hummus, but please feel free to adjust salt, pepper, acidity and garlic to your taste.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ¾ cup tahini
- ¼ + ⅛ cups olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons room temperature water
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 5 minutes to only soften them a bit.
- Once the cauliflower is ready, put the florets along with all the rest of the ingredients into a high-speed food processor and blend for few minutes or until a smooth silky consistency is achieved. Now check the seasoning to your taste. Add more salt and pepper if required. Also if you like more acidic then add more lemon juice or add more garlic for more garlicy flavored hummus.