This easy Berry Oat Breakfast Smoothie makes a fresh tasty breakfast. My delicious, non-dairy, sugar free smoothie is loaded with fiber, minerals and antioxidants which helps to boost our immune system for optimal health.
Next time you’re doing your grocery shopping, grab a bag of frozen mixed berries and stash in your freezer. Then you are always ready to put together a fast, healthy breakfast at no time. The only thing you need to do is to soak the oats for few minutes in coconut milk and then blend them with the frozen berries, dates, sweet melon and banana. The result? A creamy, refreshing breakfast that will keep you satisfied until lunch.
The sweetness of your smoothie depends on the ripeness and sweetness of the fruits you are using. If you find your smoothie recipe needs a little more sweetness, try to avoid sugar and instead add more dates or agave syrup. I like to soak my oats in coconut milk (I use Koko Dairy Free) for 10 minutes before blending them with rest of the ingredients. You can skip this step but make sure you blend for a bit longer and add a bit more milk to make sure the oats are completely broken down and smooth.
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut milk such as Koko dairy free
- ½ cup frozen berries
- 3- 4 medjool dates, pitted and skin removed
- 1 ripe banana
- 180g sweet melon
- Soak the oats in half cup of coconut milk for 5-10 minutes.
- Then add all the ingredients to a fast blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more dates for sweeter smoothie or more milk for thinner smoothie.